Koei Tecmo’s latest action RPG “Nioh” gets ready for release.
When Koei Tecmo announced that the game finished development earlier in January, the hearts of PS4 owners skipped a beat. This PlayStation 4 exclusive role-playing game will be available in America on February 7, for Europe on Feb 8 and in Japan on Feb 9, 2017.
What is Nioh?
Nioh is a dark, samurai-centric, action RPG currently in development by Koei Tecmo Games exclusively for the PlayStation 4 platform. It has been rated M for the mature content in the game. While the game features an immersive storyline, it also includes online co-op play.
To truly master Nioh’s combat, the Stance system offers a crucial technique to maintain an advantage over the enemy. Players analyze enemy attacks and change stances on the fly to survive the brutal and mystical landscape.
- Master every fighting style – learn the flow of combat and move with precision. Unleash combinations of attacks and dodges specific to a range of authentic samurai weapons, including polearms, katanas and axes.
- Explore a fantastical and dark vision of 16th century Japan – fight alongside and against legendary heroes and villains of the Warring States period.
- Face brutal and grotesque enemies – stand alone against skilled samurai and demons known as the Yokai.
What is a Yoki?
When a human is transformed into a demon by the power of Amrita, the result is a Yoki, a hightly agressive being whose body is 20-30% larger than a normal human.
Onryoki, Hitotsume Oni and Onyudo
- Onryoki is a giant red demon born from the amassment of vengeful spirits. A burning flame of anger makes up half its face while rancor warps its other half. Countless spirits give it an eerie appearance, and horrendous voices emit from its body. Most would want to avert their eyes from this horrid demon.
- Hitotsume-Oni is a large demon that only has one eye located in the center of its face. Oni with two eyes were once human or entity that was affected and consumed by negative emotions of humans. One-eyed Hitotsume-Oni, on the other hand, are the reincarnation of the violent tendencies belonging to the mountain gods and spirits.
- Onyudo is a huge Yokai that appears to be a novice monk. Having been unable to sever their worldly desires, these monks in training betrayed their disciplines and fallen deep in the nadir. They collect the skulls of their victims and wear them across their shoulders like a rosary. If you do not want to be part of their collection, its best to not get close to them.
- Bloody Grave Dynamic Theme Instant Reward
- Nioh Armor to wear in-game, also inspired by the ancient Nioh statues which stand guard at temples across Japan
- Full game
- Statues across Japan inspire five in-game weapons
- Season pass to unlock three pieces of DLC containing extra missions and the story as well as a PS4 Avatar
Full details about the game are available on the official website from where you can learn more about the world of Nioh.
You can also watch the opening movie for the game below: