Hello Games released a wide-ranging update, the biggest component of which is a new save system. Atlas rises patch 1.38 is finally available on PC and PS4.
In this patch an overhauled save system was introduced, which makes managing saves between game modes much easier. Players now have five slots for saves, which your existing files will be moved into. These can be used for any game mode; picking an empty one allows you to select which mode you want to play.
New save system
- There are now two sub-slots for each save-game – one for automatic saves and one for manual saves.
- Automatic saves occur when exiting your ship, dying, purchasing a Freighter or claiming a base
- Manual saves occur when interacting with a save point (these can be built from the build menu), or a beacon found on planet surfaces
- Starting a new game with no existing saves will take you directly to mode select.
Improvements & changes
Here are some of them, The rest you can view here.
- Made the temperature range of dead planets more varied
- In-flight weather effects now vary in strength based on height
- The Analysis Visor can now be used to scan farm plants and see the remaining growth time
- Analysis Visor can scan ships to determine their class, type and value at a distance
- The Analysis Visor can be used to see the approximate distance of resources discovered with the Scanner
- An error message is added when no outpost is found by the economy scanner
- Added the ability to skip black bars when discovering a planet or solar system
- Prevented the cursor being reset to the center of the page as you switch between pause menus
- Trade outposts now provide hazard protection
- Added a chance for pirates to spawn earlier than usual when a player warps into a certain systems, to add more variety to exploration and trading
- Galactic map now respects user mouse sensitivity settings
- Galactic map now respects user control inversion settings
- Prevented trade terminals having a negative quantity of stock
- where some delivery missions would continuously tell players to visit other systems
- where the requirements to complete some missions could change as you spoke to NPCs
- scaling issues with creature feeding icons
- where mining units would occasionally incorrectly produce Heridium ( all four of these issues were fixed.
- Prevented mining units being placed inside each other
- Fixed an issue where base parts, including storage containers, built outside the base building radius in unlimited building mode would not be transferred when the player moved to a new base
- Fixed an issue where storm-prone planets could be labelled as ‘Mild’. Storm frequency has not been adjusted – the text should now more accurately describe weather conditions.
- Issue where the terrain manipulator audio would occasionally continue after terrain editing completed
- Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator hologram would remain in one location after subtracting from the terrain
- a problem where the terrain manipulator would occasionally create longer lines than intended
- Problem where the ship crosshair would appear at incorrect times
- Fixed the Upload All button on the discovery page not deactivating after being used
- Corrected button prompts in the ship combat wiki
- Restored Spectral Class to the galaxy map text
Check out the update and let us know what you think!