Here is everything you need to know about the world’s most powerful console, Xbox One X.
Formerly known as Project Scorpio, Xbox One X promises to be the most graphically capable console ever, all wrapped up into one sleek black box. It is said to have 40% more power than any other gaming console. Players can now experience true immersive 4k gaming.
For starters, the Xbox One X will be fully backward-compatible with Xbox One games – and offer improved performance on these titles to boot. On the technical side, there was some new information about the specs. The processor is cooled using a liquid vapour chamber, a technique that’s becoming more common on more compact devices. There’s also a brand-new power-management system for the most efficient delivery of electricity seen on an Xbox console.
And finally, Microsoft revealed the Xbox One X’s price and release date:
- Xbox One X release date: November 7, 2017
- Price: $499 / £449
Xbox One X – where can I pre-order it?
Microsoft has revealed a very special Xbox One X console exclusively for pre-orders. The slick Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition is inscribed with the code name for the console on both the box itself and the controller, It also comes with a vertical stand to show off the 4K device in all its glory. You can pre- order here.
Xbox One X Specs: How powerful is the Xbox One X?
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the key Xbox One X specs:
- CPU: Eight-core 2.3GHz processor
- GPU: 40 compute units at 1172MHz
- RAM: 12GB GDDR5 (shared between system and GPU)
- Bandwidth: 326GB/s
- Storage: 1TB hard disk
- Disc: UHD Blu-ray player
- Video: 4K output, HDR 10 support
- Audio: DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Atmos, PCM 2.0, 5.1, 7.1
- Wireless: Bluetooth, dual-band Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, IR blaster
- Connectors: 2x HDMI (2.0b out, 1.4b in), 3x USB 3.0 ports, IR out, S/PDIF, Ethernet